About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

Four Months Old - Really?

April 14, 2011

TIME IS FLYING!  Really, I can't believe I'm writing an entry about his four-month-birthday!  It seems like I was just writing about month three...  A lot is happening all of the time.  I've never been so busy in my life but I am also the most relaxed I've been when busy... so there ya have it!

Tyler and I are so in love with this baby!  It is just ridiculous how much we giggle at his giggles and smile at his smiles and want to squeeze him when he cries.  Sometimes, I swear I could just eat him up!  Tyler puts on Finlay parades with music and silly trumpet noises when Fin is upset.  We just find ourselves being completely goofy when Finlay is around and awake.  Being parents is so much fun!

Last night, we came up to camp.  We are staying in the manager's cabin.  It's pretty cold up here!  At the 2am diaper-change we looked outside and it was snowing!  So for Fin's four-month-birthday he gets snow!  Instead of making him (us) cupcakes to celebrate, this month I made his best friend a brownie.  Hilary has been such a good friend and the best way to thank someone is through their stomach, right?  Isn't that how the saying goes?

For the next few days we will be playing outside, hiking around in the Ergo, going to swim at the Sooke rec centre, being cooked for by the camp kitchen, and having lots of naps and cuddles.  Finlay has his first cough, so we will be sure to keep him bundled and well rested.

Piggy in a blanket!  This is Finlay in his towel after a bath.

Finlay and I were playing in the mirror and Tyler caught some of it on camera.  He gets so excited about the baby in the mirror!

This is him mid-giggle.

Fin was having a rough day and it helped if he hugged his monkey.  "There, there, Monker."

Fin fell asleep on our walk around camp.  He was so cozy in his bunting suit.  When I walked in the door I put him in his carseat and he just kept on snoozing.

l & f

No comments: