About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

All About Billy

October 19, 2012

When Finlay was "Chick," we had a weekly picture of the growing belly and lots of commentary on how the pregnancy was going.  It's not that the second time around it any less exciting or wonderful but we are a tad more busy!  Tyler has this wonderful thing called a "full-time job" and we have this creature called a "toddler" living with us and it seems to mean that we are up before dawn and moving all day and all evening and when we finally sit down at 8:30 I fall asleep on the couch and Tyler seems to be on nightly dish duty.

To add on top of all of that, we are moving to a house in just 10 days!  Packing has begun and more time is being funneled in new directions.  Hopefully, once we are a bit more settled, the new dishwasher and washer/dryer will assist in time-saving and we will have a little more time to do other things!  Like blog!

So what about this pregnancy?  My mom asked me the other day if I was showing yet!  I am 27 weeks in and I think I was showing by mid-August.  Although Billy is due a month after Chick was in the calander year I seem to be looking/feeling the same amount pregnant as I was at this time with the first one.  But the pregnancies could not be any more different.  Billy's personality is shinning through!  S/he is full of energy.  Lots of kicking and dancing and quick and sharp movements.  Very playful and non-stop.  Unlike with Chick, Billy wakes me up at night!  S/he shakes my who body with her/his big movements.  Billy likes to announce her/his presence loudly and with strength.  Chick had a concentrated stretch on my right side where Billy kicks one side and then another within seconds!  Billy is all over the place, unpredictable, and just so interesting to me! 

This time around, I am conscious of the time I have with Billy in a way I wasn't with Chick.  With Billy, I recognise that these days are the only days where it is just me and Billy - I get her/him all to myself!  I also recognise how contained and easy it is to look after Billy right now and know how much things will change come her/his birthday!

I'm in no rush, I am enjoying these pre-birthday days. 

So way back in August, we went for Billy's ultra-sound.  Billy's personality shone through.  S/he was playful and not exactly cooperative!  We had trouble getting some good shots.

 Here is a profile of Billy.  With Chick, I immediately saw Tyler in there.  But with this one we both see more of me.

A shot of the spine for the Chiros in the family.
 Little foot!  Hopefully Billy remains sporadic and constantly moving so that those little feet don't cause the havoc that Chick's did.

Another profile.  You can see umbilical cord clearly.

 Little arm waving hello!

And here is the cutest thing - Billy pointing!  We were hoping we would get the finger but it was still really cool to catch on camera!  Where are you pointing Billy?

So there!  Finally, we are getting our act together!  Pictures of Billy!  Now to get me in a mood where I will allow my picture, and hence evidence of the belly, to be taken.


No comments: