About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

Three Sleepless Nights = Shayme's First Tooth

August 18, 2013

The teeth are here!  Sleep is just around the corner, right?  We were up all night for three nights in a row.  Then, after a particularly rough night, we were sitting at our favourite cafe and I saw something!  Something in his gummy smile was different.  So I stuck my finger in his mouth and there was a sharp little tooth poking out.  By the end of the day there were two.  I'm going to miss that gummy smile but I'm so happy that all those sleepless nights were for teething after all!

Here he is, back to being just cute.  He loves this baby faces book.

I tried to get a picture of the teeth but it was really just a blurry photo of my finger.

We went blackberry picking up the street and when we got home I gave Shay three berries to eat/play with and....

... he popped one in his mouth and...

.... "What is this sweet surprise?"
He loved them!

"More berries!"

He had berries in every roll and all over his chair.  A very sweet mess!


No comments: