About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

Our Maternity Photos

November 27, 2010

Well, we are into the last few days before Chick arrives.  We have come a long way!  It's been 270 days, or over 38 weeks, or about 9 months and we are very excited to meet our baby.  Tyler is most excited to touch the baby's little hands.  I am most excited to look into her/his eyes.  Our most recent appointment with Uta went well.  We told her about Chick's yoga stretches and she said that it's a sign of contentment and health.  She also reassured me that, despite the lack of sleep, I will be fine when it comes down to the labour because I'm healthy and I'm made for it!  The book I'm reading right now really summed it up for me: "Labour is hard work, it hurts a lot, and you can do it."  I think I'm ready to go!

As I mentioned in our last post, we had some maternity photos taken a couple weeks ago.  As promised, I am sharing some of our favourites below.

 Lyndze, Chick, and the Pacific Ocean

 Tyler, Lyndze, Chick and the beach on Dallas Road

 The couple and the bump in Beacon Hill Park
 Lyndze awaiting her little monkey with Chick's little monkey, taken at home.
 Ultrasound Chick and Chick in a belly.
 Comparing bellies, Lyndze wins.






We hope that you all have enjoyed the journey with us!  Soon, the name of the blog will change when we welcome our little one who, once on the outside, will be known by a new name.  We'll continue to write and post pictures of the baby as soon as we can!

1 comment:

Noriko said...

Beautiful pictures!!