About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

Finlay on the Move!

September 21, 2011

Well, after two months of pushing himself backwards and sideways, Finlay finally propelled himself forward!

As we have mentioned before, Tyler and I are in no hurry for the baby to crawl or walk, but we were really excited and relieved for Fin.  He was getting pretty frustrated as he constantly found himself wedged under furniture.  Also, he would really want something and stretch and reach for it and then, unintentionally, push himself backwards and further away from said item...   It was heartbreaking!

But today he just got it and it changed everything.

I couldn't turn my back for a second or he was into something he should be.  I spent the day trailing him and rearranging shelves and making mental notes about baby-proofing.  But the most interesting thing was that he spent most of his time making his way to me, climbing up to standing, wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing me.  He just wanted to hug and kiss and talk and cuddle all day.  It was so sweet but man am I exhausted.  I couldn't fill up my water glass or answer the phone without Finlay losing it.

I have uploaded a video of Finlay on the move.  He was coming toward me but then something else caught his attention.  He went to the bookshelf and took an Alice Munro book off of the shelf.  He looked really pleased with himself.  I guess we have the same taste in literature!

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZ1nlkD-Xk

No comments: