About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

Finlay Signs Fan

September 22, 2011

Just a quick entry with a couple pictures and a video from lunch today.  I know, I know, there was an entry yesterday!  But Finlay is just doing so many fantastic things that I had to document it/brag.

Fin had some shredded carrot, greens, hummous and flatbread for lunch (same as me but mine was in wrap form.  He just loves feeding himself!

Feeding himself means lots of food on him, me, the highchair, the floor, the buffet, wall etc...  But he loves it!  

In the video, you can see Fin watching me make the sign for "fan," then he plays in his food and looks up at the fan and does his baby-version of the sign.  
VIDEO:

No comments: