About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

It's a New Year

January 2, 2013

I can't tell you how excited I am about this new year!  A much as I didn't care for the holiday of New Year's Eve/Day, I am very enthusiastic for this month and this year!  I have been saying "January" to so many people in regards to the due date.  Well, here we are!  We made it!  I thought I'd feel more ready than this but something is holding me back and I think it is the idea of having TWO little people to be responsible for living in the house.  I try giving myself pep talks daily - lots of people do this, you can do this!

I got to hold a 3 week old, 6 pound, baby today.  That really got me excited.  But I also recognize that the baby I am carrying is probably already bigger than that one!  Yikes! 

Finlay is really starting to get that the baby is going to be born soon and live with us at home.  I asked him if he would snuggle and love the baby when it is born.  He said, emphatically, "Yep" and proceeded to drape his "Eee" (blankie) over my belly and try to stick his "Dodder" (soother) into my belly-button.  How cute is that? 

I missed a few pictures from the last days of 2012.  We must have switched memories cards by accident  but I found them!

Here is Fin asking the "Practor" to help his "back hurt."  He loved the little massage he got and kept asking for more.  His back was perfect, no adjustment needed, but it was nice to play!

Finlay is loving his new easel and paints!  He has already made a few masterpieces.

Gramps reading to Finlay in the morning.

More painting!

"I bake!  I stir!  I num!"  Fin and I made tea biscuits and he even used his own little rolling pin for the dough. 

"Hey, you only have 2 more hours if you want to be born this year!"  Me and "Billy" on new year's eve.

That's a lot of baby.

No comments: