About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

I Heart Finlay

February 7, 2011

Today has been excellent!  Fin and I got up after a wonderful night's sleep and we got him changed and dressed and then opened each of the three blinds in the main room together (he loves this) and greeted the world.  He was cooing and smiling from that moment on!  Fin was agreeable to sitting in his bouncer while I ate my cereal and made some tea.  As we waited for the water to boil, he sat there looking into my eyes and studying my face.  We talked - I said words and he grinned and waved his arms and kicked his legs while cooing and making his noises.  It was like having a little conversation.  I was tempted to go get the camera and try to video the whole thing (which went on for some time) but I was having too much fun getting to know him in this new way.  It was like having a real conversation and he appeared to be as excited about it as I was.  So, alas, no video... yet!

He ate and I enjoyed my tea.  We danced to some of his favourite songs.  I did a little yoga while he lay on my mat.  We folded laundry together and this involved lots of talking again and some games of peek-a-boo.

Fin was looking bigger to me today so I decided to try him in his Bumbo (a special chair for young babes, a gift from his Nans & Gramps).  He is still too little for it but he sat there holding his head up and looking at me for a minute and then smiles and cooed.  His head slowly sunk to the side and I rescued him.  Too cute!  A couple more weeks and I think it will be one of his favourite things!  He is so independent already!

Fin ate some more and fell asleep and we cuddled for a while.  Eventually we ventured out to meet Tyler (daddy) and went for a bit to eat.  Fin fell asleep and has been napping happily since (so I have time to post!).

Here are a few pics from a few days ago.


 We just think it is the cutest thing that Finlay will fall asleep and look so cute!  Look at those cheeks!

 After a bath the other night, we put Fin in his nightie and he stood on his dad's lap and danced and cooed and smiled for a while. His hair was all funny from the bath and I had to take some pictures!

 I kept just missing the smiles with the camera.  I'll have to get better at this!

 He is fascinated by a few things in the living room.  He loves the aloe plant beside our nursing chair.  Sometimes he'll just stare at it, like in the above picture, and start smiling and cooing as though the plant is an old friend telling funny jokes.

There you go!  More to come!

lyndze

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I Heart Finlay as well!

Such a sweet face. You both are amazing. Thank you for keeping us updated. Big kisses and hugs!