About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

Monkeying Around with Michelle

May 8, 2011

Finlay, Tyler and I just had a fabulous visit with my oldest friend, Michelle (aka. Auntie Michelle).  Many drinks were shared, Fin got lots of kisses, and we stuffed our faces with a lot of yummy food!  We did lots of walking and some fun tourist-y things like visiting some popular sights and enjoying a Ghost Tour.

Michelle helped me pick out some patio furniture and plan out the look/function of our very small porch.  It will be really nice for me when Finlay is napping, and I am house-bound, to have an outdoor space I can be in while still in earshot.  I'm really looking forward to tea and a book with some sunshine while Fin is in dreamland.  Hopefully I am not in dreamland thinking that this will be a reality!

Also, Michelle and I went on a girls-only date while Fin and daddy hung out at home. We went out to The Superior and shared some treats and drinks and lots of catching up.  It is a real special thing to have a friend with whom you can come together, after months of not seeing each other, and comfortably talk as though no time has passed.  It's been a while since Michelle and I got to spend quality time together and it was a lot of fun and did wonders for my sanity! 

Finlay just loved Michelle.  He smiled at her all the time and finds her just as funny as I do, although we laugh at different things.  Michelle is really good with him too!  She read to Fin and played with his toys and made plenty of entertaining faces.  Unfortunately, I was a terrible photographer this week (in that I didn't take any pictures!).  But, Michelle took a few quality pics that I really enjoy and would love to share with you!


Here is Finlay and I in front of the Empress Hotel on a windy but beautiful day.

Here is Finlay and I in the airport where we greeted Michelle!

"Deal with it."
Michelle and Finlay trying on some sunglasses.

Michelle and I in front of an Arbutus tree - my eyes are closed :(

We fed the seals at Fisherman's Wharf.  So cute!


Finlay in the bath after being attacked by adoring fans!


                                                                        So Kissable!


"I climbed aboard a pirate ship and the captain said to me..."

We had so much fun with Michelle.  Can't wait to see her again!

No comments: