About Us

Victoria, BC, Canada
This blog began as a modern "baby book" for our first child, Finlay, who was born in December of 2010. The recent addition of Seamus, born in January of 2013, has meant continued efforts to put into words and pictures his early years. We also use this forum to catalog our family life: two loving partners, two beautiful kids, car-free, child-centred, attachment-focused, with a love of food and health thrown into the mix!

Stopping People in the Street

May 30, 2011

For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to visit Victoria, this time of year the city becomes a bit of a zoo.  Sometimes, if I'm walking in touristy areas, it feels a bit like Disney World to me.  But, a person needs to get out and walk, run errands, visit the occasional cafe (one that isn't my balcony)...  Finlay, of course, accompanies me on many of these outings.  Lately, he has been practicing his singing and talking.  He seems to be taking after Tyler's side and he is quite loud.  So loud that, when he really gets going, people stop and stare.

We have been out in the crowded streets of Victoria and even with all of the distractions (fudge in the shape of a maple leaf, t-shirts with maple leafs on them, maple syrup...) for the tourists, and all of the noise (buskers, tour buses, and bustling shoppers), he demands the attention of the people around us.  He smiled and talked for an older lady yesterday and she exclaimed, "Oh, he smiled for me!  That just made my day!"

I caught some of his singing/talking and raspberry blowing at home on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CX9aJ0tdVg

Also, Finlay is starting to become more proficient in the Samurai art of Jolly Jumping.  I have some action shots below.

Big smiles and lots of drool!  Loving to jump!

Some jumping action!

He stops to smile at me and tell me about his jumps and then he goes at it once again.

A little bit of air!

Lyndze & Finlay

No comments: